Become great at marketing project management
Stop letting scope creep, moving deadlines and mismanaged resources get in the way of shipping wildly successful marketing campaigns.
By Alexa Hubley,
Course length: 57min
Simplify even the most complex marketing campaigns with a clear project management process.
If you think to-dos falling through the cracks, misaligned goals and unrealistic stakeholder expectations are standard aspects of shipping marketing campaigns – you’re wrong. With clear project management, you’ll be able to complete every task, every tactic and every to-do on time, within scope and without the headaches.
Get a lesson preview
After taking this course, you’ll:
- Have a marketing project management process that’ll help you ship more successful campaigns
- Understand the common pitfalls of a poorly managed marketing project and how to avoid them
- A framework you can follow to improve how you’re building, executing, reporting and learning from your marketing efforts.
Project management is every marketer’s secret weapon.
Have you ever felt like you were trapped on a marketing hamster wheel with no idea how to get off?
You keep writing blog posts, sending emails, shipping campaigns…without any true understanding of the impact they’re having on the business. Or worse, you don’t have clear framework for how to improve and optimize your efforts the next time around.
That’s where marketing project management comes in.
With a honed marketing project management process you’ll turn that hamster wheel into a lucrative money-making machine for your business. Marketing project management is a secret weapon for ensuring every project, every campaign and every tactic aligns with your business goals and aspirations.
This course is essential for you if …
- You don’t have a process, framework or strategy in place for project managing your marketing campaigns
- You’ve been doing things the same way for a long time but want to learn how to improve and optimize your process to get better results from your marketing efforts.
- You feel like something’s missing from your marketing…and think a project management process might be it.
This course is NOT for you if you…
- You’re happy with your current marketing project management process (or lack thereof)
- You’re already a project management expert
The content is insightful, actionable and doable.
I appreciate the range of topics and the talent and expertise of the presenters. I’ve grown more as a marketer in the last several months than I had in years before.
CXL has helped me tremendously in my journey to become the best digital marketer I can be.
It has opened my eyes to the capabilities of tools like GTM and Google Sheets. You guys have humbled me by teaching me that there’s so much more to learn!
CXL is just the best place to grow for a marketer. I learned more in a few months via CXL than what I learned in 8, 9 months on my own.
Designed for marketers looking to get organized, optimize and improve their marketing campaign efforts
This course is appropriate for any level of marketing expertise and everyone looking to improve how they build, execute and launch marketing campaigns.
Students should have experience building or working on marketing campaigns and projects in order to benefit most from the framework and strategies presented in this course.
Alexa Hubley thrives on building full-funnel marketing campaigns and specializes in using scrappy, creative segmentation tactics to drive brand awareness, growth, and retention. Her objectives in marketing are a direct reflection of her personality: al …
Alexa Hubley thrives on building full-funnel marketing campaigns and specializes in using scrappy, creative segmentation tactics to drive brand awareness, growth, and retention. Her objectives in marketing are a direct reflection of her personality: always striving to optimize and grow in order to crush her goals.
Alexa has spoken on marketing strategy at many notable international conferences, including CXL Live, Pulse, Digital Elite Camp, SearchLove and Unbounce’s Call to Action Conference.
Your full course curriculum
CLASS 1: What is marketing project management and what happens when you don’t do it…or when you do it wrong?
Get a framework for running well-management marketing campaigns and learn the common pitfalls of poor project management (and how to avoid them).
- The essentials of project management for marketers
- A framework you can apply right away to every marketing project
CLASS 2: Marketing project management in practice (a case study walk-through)
Look at a marketing project management process in practice with a specific case study and see the results.
This class will cover:
- A walk-through of a specific marketing project and how to implement the project management framework
- An overview of how you can take this example and apply these lessons to your own marketing.
Show off your hard-earned skills and strengthen your profile.
LinkedIn found that people who add credentials to their profile receive 6x more profile views than those who don’t.
Add your certificates to your profile, share your accomplishments with the world, and join our alumni network.
Learn marketing on the job.
Get better results with networking.
Playbook community gives you peer support for every marketing task you face. 90% of marketing tasks are not unique. Someone has already figured it out. Achieve more with less hassle.
- Access our library of thousands of marketing playbooks, each showing you how to do a specific marketing task in 10 steps or less, with real-time peer support.
- Join our community of marketing experts, ready to support you in getting that promotion or master new strategies, skills, and channels.
- Network with some of the world’s best marketers and companies and get noticed, hired, or endorsed.
Subscribe to CXL and get access
- 90+ courses (full list here) on all aspects of data-driven marketing (new courses added every month)
- 10 minidegrees that give you advanced level skills
- Playbook community with 2500+ instructions and peer-support
Got a team, multiple users? Get our Teams All-Access plan instead.
The CXL guarantee
- 7-day no questions asked money back period
- You can immediately apply learnings and improve your results.
Need help convincing your boss?
Click here for a pitch deck, swipe files and tips.
Subscribe to CXL
All plans come with a 7-day trial for $1.
Get access to this and 90+ other training programs.
This course is available in the following minidegrees:
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL: